VMware Cloud Community
Evilence
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SRM Array Pairs

Dear All!

I have implemented SRM installation (for testing purposes) with few ESXi hosts and on both recovery and protected site.

Array managers are configured, via EMC VNX SRA.

I have presented one lun to local site, one lun to recovery site, and configured mirroring between them. However, storage contains other mission critical VMs of another vSphere Infrastructure on different LUNs.

My silly question is: if recovery plan will be executed - is there any risk to another vSphere Infratructure which is using other LUNs, but on the same storage?

I am asking this, because on "Devices" tab of Array Manager, I can see every lun on my storage.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

anytime Smiley Happy

feel free to mark answer as helpful or correct Smiley Wink

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct.

Subscribe yourself at walkonblock.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

no risk as long as the protected vm's dont share lun's with the unprotected vm's

If U find my answer useful, feel free to give points by clicking Helpful or Correct.

vMario156
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Yes thats normal!

The SRA is presenting you all LUNs of your storage system, even those which are may not even part of your vSphere environment.

Regards,

Mario

Blog: http://vKnowledge.net
Evilence
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Cooldude09
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

anytime Smiley Happy

feel free to mark answer as helpful or correct Smiley Wink

0 Kudos