VMware Cloud Community
shravang
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SRM APIs: Any APIs for Adding Array managers and Enabling array pairs

I've looked at the SRM 5.8 API spec, and can't seem to find any APIs for either adding an array manager or enabling an array pair.

Haven't these APIs been implemented, or did I miss something?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No, unfortunately these capabilities are not in the public API at the moment.

Do you mind sharing what having these APIs would enable you to accomplish? Or in other words, how would you use them?

To be clear I am not questioning that they would be useful, but understanding the use case you have would be helpful in prioritizing the delivery of capabilities like these.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
shravang
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Also, any APIs to create recovery plans?

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

No, unfortunately these capabilities are not in the public API at the moment.

Do you mind sharing what having these APIs would enable you to accomplish? Or in other words, how would you use them?

To be clear I am not questioning that they would be useful, but understanding the use case you have would be helpful in prioritizing the delivery of capabilities like these.

0 Kudos
shravang
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

These APIs would enable me to automate an end to end workflow, which starts with Rescanning the SRAs, adding array managers, enabling array pairs, then creating protection groups, adding VMs to it, creating recovery plans, adding protection groups to it, and finally running failovers and reprotects.

This automation can be used for running various configs and also running over a long period of time, over and over again with different combinations of storage arrays, mappings etc.

It would be great if these APIs would be made publicly available anytime soon!