VMware Cloud Community
eason_lu
Contributor
Contributor

SRM 8.2 can't create a temporary file error

Hi All:

When install SRM version 8.2.0 and SRA(DELLEMC SC Storage) on Server 2019 host on both SRM site,

The SRM Web UI always appears ''failed to sync data on replica devices.SRA command 'syncOnce'failed.Unable to create a temporary file''

error message, we found that the "C:\Windows\Temp\vmware-SYSTEM"folders in the system will be automatically deleted , current workaround solution

must manual restart SRM service again and again , has anyone encountered a similar error?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
diegodco31
Leadership
Leadership

What model/firmware storage array are you using? What  SRA version?

Diego Oliveira
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/dcodiego
0 Kudos
eason_lu
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Sir:

Thank for your reply , provide Information as below:

Model:SC4020

Firmware:7.3.11.028

SRA Version:Dell EMC Storage Center SRA 18.1.1.173https://www.vmware.com/resources/compatibility/detail.php?productid=45560&deviceCategory=sra&details...

0 Kudos
g0rbi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

in my case it was a Tintri 1.0.0.7 SRA, but that's not so important.

my cause was this folder will be deleted everytime if anyone runs the microsoft disc cleaner tool (cleanmgr.exe)

my solution: don't run this...

0 Kudos
Ken_Etsula
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, 

Did you manage to get a workaround for this issue

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @Ken_Etsula ,

Are you also getting the same error ? If so, please share error screenshots and SRM logs from recovery site.

0 Kudos
yatigammanabnd
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We too have got this with our Windows SRM environment. While we haven't seemed to determine the cause, symptoms we have found is that the

C:\Windows\TEMP\vmware-SYSTEM

Folder does not exist. Recreating it sometimes work, but when that doesn't, leaving that folder deleted and rebooting the OS seems to do the trick - maybe SRM recreates it on restart?

other useful information for anyone trying to fix this:
SRM: Version 8.3.1, Build 17223743

0 Kudos