VMware Cloud Community
commtech1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SRM 8.1.1 Permission to perform this operation was denied

Hello All,

I installed a pair of SRM 8.1.1 servers associated with respective vCenter servers (6.7U1) in Protected and Recovery Sites. Create a new pair operation was successful as well. Protection Groups and Recovery Plans were created seamlessly.

After one day I started getting the following SRM errors:

srmxxx SRM Server cannot connect to VC Server at vcyyy:443/sdk'. Permission to perform this operation was denied.

srmxxx SRM Server cannot connect to SRM Server at 'srmyyy:9086/vcdr/vmomi/sdk'. Permission to perform this operation was denied.

srmyyy SRM Server cannot connect to VC Server at 'vcxxx:443/sdk'. Permission to perform this operation was denied.

srmyyy SRM Server cannot connect to SRM Server at 'srmxxx:9086/vcdr/vmomi/sdk'. Permission to perform this operation was denied.

We still have one External PSC ( that would be decommissioned soon) and all vCenters 6.7 with embedded PSC because we are during VMware Infra upgrading process.

I used domain administrator account namely administrator@vsphere,local on both sides.  I could not find any additional information in SRM logs.

Reconfigure Site Pair operation was already done and it does not help. Change installed SRM from Windows 2012 R2 Control Panel is blocked due to UAC restriction that is imposed by GPO domain policy.

How can we explain that administrator@vsphere.local account can generate "Permission to perform this operation was denied" error?

Of course log on to the vCenter Appliance via mentioned administrator account is still successful.

What can be a nature of this kind of error? Should I suspect Firewall Settings issue or internal SRM problem?

Is it possible that External PSC that is currently not associated with any SRM server can be a disruptive source?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rshenoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

Modifying SRM installer on both sites can actually help at times.

If you have UAC restriction you can go to registry settings on the both the servers and find the registry key "EnableLUA" . This would be set to 1. Modify the value to 0 and reboot the server post that. UAC restrictions should be lifited.

If this is not possible. Download the SRM installer on same server with the exact version. Right-Click run as administrator it will allow you to bypass UAC accordingly.

Regards,

Ritesh

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
rshenoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello,

Modifying SRM installer on both sites can actually help at times.

If you have UAC restriction you can go to registry settings on the both the servers and find the registry key "EnableLUA" . This would be set to 1. Modify the value to 0 and reboot the server post that. UAC restrictions should be lifited.

If this is not possible. Download the SRM installer on same server with the exact version. Right-Click run as administrator it will allow you to bypass UAC accordingly.

Regards,

Ritesh

0 Kudos