VMware Cloud Community
Matt_B1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SRM 6.0 "Site Recovery" not visible in Web Client

I have installed SRM 6.0 successfully.  However, I can't see the Site Recovery link in the left frame of the web client.  I can see the plug-in listed in the desktop client and I can see it as "com.vmware.vcDr" in the MOB.  I don't have any 3rd party extensions listed that may interfere.  vCenter is VCSA 6.0, upgraded from a VCSA 5.5 appliance.  I have logged in with administrator@vsphere.local, my admin account, and the service account used during SRM install and no accounts can see "Site Recovery".

The VMware Site Recovery Manager 5.8.x plugin is not visible in the vSphere Web Client when some third party Web Client plugins are installed (2110188)

http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=211018...

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Daniel_Georgiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi Matt,

do you made a Fresh install or Upgrade of SRM 6.0? If you upgrading you can find more information in Upgrade section for SRM 6.0 documentation. (Site Recovery Manager 6.0 Documentation Center).

• If you upgraded Site Recovery Manager from 5.5.x or 5.8.x to 6.0.x, log in to vSphere Web Client, or if you are already connected to vSphere Web Client, log out of vSphere Web Client and log in again. The upgraded Site Recovery Manager extension appears in vSphere Web Client. You might need to clear the browser cache for the upgrade to appear in vSphere Web Client. If the upgrade still does not appear, restart the vSphere Web Client service.

Hope this help,

Daniel G.

Matt_B1
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

After various restarts, reinstalls, unregistering the SRM extension, and other testing, I was able to eventually see Site Recovery in the web client.  Unfortunately, I am not clear which exact change fixed the issue.

0 Kudos
GaryMclean
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have the same issue

Fresh install with no installation problems!!!

0 Kudos
GaryMclean
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi All,

I figured out how to fix it.. You have to restart the VSphere Web Client Service on the Virutal Centre server which SRM was registered too. Mine has now appeared.

Gary

0 Kudos
adamwiso
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Seeing identical behavior here as well.

5.8 and can only see it in the recovery site, fresh install, no 3rd party plugins.  Opened a ticket with VMWare, they stated BUG in 5.8.0, updated to 5.8.1, still cannot see it in protected site.  I have restarted everything multiple times, can see the extension in the MOB as well.  Still nothing.  Restarted the vSphere Web Client many times.

Anyone figured out what the culprit was?

0 Kudos
basher
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

If restarting the vSphere Web Client does not help, then there is something specific to your environment. Are you using by any chance a low-privileged account? Do you see the plugin listed in Administration -> vSphere Web Client Plugins?

Stefan

Director - VMware Site Recovery Manager
0 Kudos
adamwiso
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for your response.

Logged in with administrator@vsphere.local, in the MOB I can see extensionList["com.vmware.vcDR"]

That is the thing, no it does not shows up under client Plug-Ins.

0 Kudos
basher
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks for your response.

This does not seem a question that can easily be answered here. I would suggest opening a support case with VMware.

Last question - do you experience delays during login into the Web-Client?

Stefan

Director - VMware Site Recovery Manager
0 Kudos
adamwiso
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeah I have a case open with VMWare already, slow going, hopefully the logs will show something.

Yes at times the web client does load slow.

0 Kudos
adamwiso
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Stefan for your help outside of this thread.

Ended up being port 9086 was blocked on an edge firewall.  I didn't catch it initially simply because I did not think the primary vcenter would pull that plugin from the remote SRM server (but it did).  Once I opened that and port TCP 9085 (saw drops on that as well) and refreshed the web client, present!

bpoyner
Contributor
Contributor

I know this is an old thread, but it contained the solution to my issue, so I'm posting what worked for me.  Our SRM is deployed on a Windows server.  The Windows firewall was enabled and blocking ports 443, 9085 and 9086.  Once those ports were permitted the plug-in was installed.  

0 Kudos
Laurence_Chang
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. I am using vSphere Replication Appliance 8.5.0 build 19794403. It has been installed and registered to vcenter successfully. All the require services started successfully. Please see the screenshot.

On the vcenter side, it can see the replication appliance from the vCenter Server Extensions. But the site recovery does not show on the client web UI.

What I have tried:

1. Restarted the vcenter a few times

2. Checked the DNS server by using nslookup. The FQN for vCenter and Replication appliance can be resolved byDNS.

3. Check the firewall for the Windows which run the Chrome to access vCenter web ui, the fire wall is off.

4. Unregistered and re registered the replication appliance

5. Check the firewall on vCenter, there is no rules

But it still does not work. Could you help me? It will be really appreciate it.

0 Kudos