VMware Cloud Community
SysAdminDerek
Contributor
Contributor

SRM 5.8 stating "No SRAs have been installed."

I recently updated to SRM 5.8 and it is now stating that "No SRAs have been installed."

I checked the compatibility list and the SRA I was using is supported on 5.8 and nothing has changed with it (same version that was already installed).

It is the Dell EqualLogic SRA version 2.2.

Any ideas?

Tags (3)
17 Replies
basher
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Are you by any chance using non-default installation directory for SRM (different from c:\program files\vmware\vmware vCenter Site Recovery Manager)?

Best regrads

Stefan Tsonev

Director - VMware Site Recovery Manager
0 Kudos
SysAdminDerek
Contributor
Contributor

Stefan, I just re-verified this, we are using the default installation path.

0 Kudos
kmcbride
Contributor
Contributor

Did you find a fix for this problem. Having the same issue.

0 Kudos
SysAdminDerek
Contributor
Contributor

I had to completely uninstall and reinstall the SRA on both vCenter servers.

It recognized it without a problem after this!

0 Kudos
Daniel_Georgiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You can find useful information for SRAs in the SRM 5.8 Admin guide - VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager 5.8 Documentation Center

Hope this help,

Daniel G.

0 Kudos
kmcbride
Contributor
Contributor

Finally figured out it was a permission issue.

Thanks

martins1979
Contributor
Contributor

What kind of permissions?

Can you please describe?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
kmcbride
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately I didn't take notes for the problem I saw. I believe I had to adjust the permissions in vsphere web client administration roles so the logged in user could have access to the SRA. But that would be a guess at this point time.

0 Kudos
martins1979
Contributor
Contributor

Hi...still have the problem...does anyone know the solution...''No SRAs have been installed''

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos
basher
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I believe I've seen other members to resolve this problem by uninstalling and re-installing the SRA. Have you tried that?

Best regards

Stefan

0 Kudos
martins1979
Contributor
Contributor

Yes i did, with no sucess.

0 Kudos
basher
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

One more possibly redundant question - have you tried logging in vSphere client using any "superuser" account, e.g. administrator@vsphere.local? From the earlier comments it seemed like someone was trying to use SRM with a user that did not have the privileges needed to actually see the SRA.

Best regards

Stefan

0 Kudos
esmall_lvbrands
Contributor
Contributor

I have and that account gives me the same errors.  The SRA's have been uninstalled numerous times without yielding any different results.

I did open a ticket with EMC's RecoverPoint team and they directed me to the attached PDF.  Apparently you can't have HTTP and HTTPS access enabled on the RP appliances.  You must disable HTTP access.  It hasn't resolved my issue like the tech thought it would but it is something that some of you guys can check on.

If I ever get this aggravation resolved I'll let everyone know what the resolution was.

0 Kudos
martins1979
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, problem solved.

After upgrade, there were 2 tablespaces on SRM BD (permissions) that did not have the users. Then some troubleshooting, and research I was able to find a solution for my case.

This is the KB, 2038046. Hope it can help someone.

Thanks,

Nuno Martins

0 Kudos
MMTC
Contributor
Contributor

I used this info (2038046) and the site below to fix the problem also.  Thanks!

http://vpierre.it/srm-site-pairing-fails-with-permission-error-after-upgrading-vc-and-srm-servers-to...

0 Kudos
justinsmith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We installed SRM to a non default drive ( 😧 instead of C: ) and its telling me no SRA's are installed. Is there a way to install the SRA to a separate folder?

0 Kudos
justinsmith
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I actually dont think this was causing the Site Recovery to not show in the webclient. I uninstalled and still missing in one of the sites.

0 Kudos