VMware Cloud Community
jadams159
Contributor
Contributor

SRM 5.8 - Cannot pair sites due to username and/or password

I'm experiencing an issue with a fresh installation of vCenter(VCSA 5.5U2d) and SRM(5.8.0 - 2336305).  I cannot pair the sites due to a username and password error.

Using a service account that is a local admin on the SRM servers and has the admin role in vCenter and SRM I get a request to accept the certificate for vCenter, and then it fails.

Using a domain admin account that has the admin role in vCenter and SRM I get a request to accept the vCenter certificate and then the SRM certificate, and then it fails.

Using administrator@vsphere.local obviously has the admin role in vCenter and SRM I get a request to accept the vCenter certificate and then the SRM certificate, and then it fails

I have tried pairing the sites using FQDN(what was used in the SRM installation), short name and IP with the same failure result.

All of the ports are open between the sites.

It may be noteworthy that in the SRM logs I have seen "unable to find site", but that may be there just because nothing has been paired yet.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
basher
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello

Do I understand correctly that every time you that pairing failed due to invalid username or password?

Also, in the recent tasks panel, please switch to "All Users" and monitor if a SRM tasks appears and fails there.

And also, just to confirm - you are using the builds specified at both your sites, correct? Are you using Linked mode between sites?

Thanks

Stefan

Director - VMware Site Recovery Manager
0 Kudos
jadams159
Contributor
Contributor

It is always an authentication failure, however when the service account is used I don't get prompted to accept the SRM certificate and the failure occurs in the wizard.  When the domain admin account and the adminstrator@vsphere.local account is used I get prompted to accept both certificates and the wizard closes, but then the task fails in the main web client window.

The versions at each site match.

0 Kudos
basher
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Thanks for the confirmation.

Have you modified the Administrator@vsphere.local user? Have you removed some for the granted roles for that account?

If not, then this issue is somehow specific for your environment - please open an SR with VMware.

Best regards

Stefan

Director - VMware Site Recovery Manager
0 Kudos
windz1014
Contributor
Contributor

hi jadams, are u fix this issue ?

I have same error liked you, when i upgrade vcenter and site recovery manager 5.1 to 5.5,

If u have fixed plz tell me how to fix.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
jadams159
Contributor
Contributor

The only way this environment was able to run SRM 5.8 was to install it on Server 2008 R2.  Despite disabling UAC (yes also in the registry) and all the other common items suggested in blogs and forums for Server 2012 R2, the ultimate fix was to use the older OS.  The customer opened a case with VMware and they were going to assign it to engineering, but I don't know how it ended up.

0 Kudos
Jitu211003
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I faced the same issue and just got the resolution by Vmware.

They have identified the bug in SSO login.

As of now there is no fix but there is workaround.

You just need to add the individual ID to the SSO login administrators group on both site.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/2095342

Vmwarediary.com

0 Kudos