VMware Cloud Community
PaulUK
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SRM 5.5 Plugin will not install on my Win 7 32bit VM

Hello,

I have recently upgraded a protected site to vCenter 5.5 along with all ESXi hosts in it's cluster. I have also done the same at the recovery site and all is working fine.

I have now installed SRM 5.5 at both sites and paired successfully.

If I MSTSC to each vCenter (SVR 2008 R2), run the latest vSphere client to connect to the local vCenter I can download and install the SRM 5.5 plugin without any issues.

However if I drop back to my MacBook Pro running a Win7 32bit VM via Fusion, I can use the vSphere client to connect to my new vCenters, but I when I go in to plugins I can see the SRM plugin is available to download and install, but when I try to do this I get this error :-

An unknown connection error occurred. (The Client could not send a complete request to the server. (The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a send.

I have read posts that say this issue can occur with Win XP or SVR 2003 clients, and some issues with ciphers..  but no posts say this is an issue with Win 7...

Has anyone else ran in to this annoying little problem with installing the SRM 5.5 plugin on a Win7 client that is running the latest vSphere client which successfully connects to the rest of the vSphere 5.5 environment?.

Regards

Paul

@pshearduk

0 Kudos
1 Reply
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

I also did some research on this, found issue related to Winxp and windows 2003. nothing with win 7. I would say if possible, do you have any other windows 7 machine to test then do test if it is same issue, file support request. Also Apply recenter patch on test windows 7 machine and try replicating this SRM client issue.

Regards

Mohammed Emaad

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos