VMware Cloud Community
todddamore
Contributor
Contributor

SRM 5.1 SRA for EMC SRDF?

It doesnt appear like you can use version 5.0.1 of the EMC SRDF SRA with SRM 5.1. Curious if anyone has hear of plans or timelines of when this SRA will be updated....

0 Kudos
14 Replies
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal

The timeframe for SRDF support is October.

--Matt VCDX #52 blog.cowger.us
todddamore
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks!

0 Kudos
TomHowarth
Leadership
Leadership

Matt,  do you know if the SRA is in RTM yet or still in development?

Tom Howarth VCP / VCAP / vExpert
VMware Communities User Moderator
Blog: http://www.planetvm.net
Contributing author on VMware vSphere and Virtual Infrastructure Security: Securing ESX and the Virtual Environment
Contributing author on VCP VMware Certified Professional on VSphere 4 Study Guide: Exam VCP-410
0 Kudos
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal

I talked to Cody about it today, and it sounds like its not quite RTM, but very close.  They just posted the internal training on it today.

todddamore
Contributor
Contributor

Any updates on an ETA?

0 Kudos
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal

The plugin is complete and currently with VMware for their validation.  Unfortunately, we have no control over have fast they do so.  I'm hearing early November.

0 Kudos
TheRock007
Contributor
Contributor

HI Matt,

When can we expect the SRDF SRA for SRM 5.1 , we are in process of upgrading our envirornment to 5.1 but waiting for SRDF SRA .

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Shubh

0 Kudos
mcowger
Immortal
Immortal

Targeted end of this month, but its highly dependent on how long VMW takes to certify it. No guarantees, but that's what engineering is working towards.

0 Kudos
TheRock007
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks Matt.

Once it is out , please update this thread so that we can download it as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Shubh

0 Kudos
codyhosterman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The SRDF SRA 5.1 is now posted. Look for the updated SRA Utilities (version 5.4) to be coming in the next day or two on EMCs website.

0 Kudos
hharold
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Great!

Thanks for the update.

Downloading.....

0 Kudos
TheRock007
Contributor
Contributor

Can someone tell me the link to download?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
hharold
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In this link you will find the SRM 5.1 software and SRA adapters:

https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/details?downloadGroup=SRM510_GA&productId=291&rPId=2941

Cheers,

Harold

0 Kudos
TheRock007
Contributor
Contributor

It is not availbale for trail version SRM. I can see all the SRA which I can download except SRDF SRA.

Any hope for me?

Thanks.

0 Kudos