VMware Cloud Community
GuyTC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SRM 4 Disconnection Errors

Does anyone know how the <WaitForUpdatesTimeout> section should be added to the vmware-dr.xml config file. I assume i dont just add the one line. My xml file doesnt have a 'timeout option' section in it?

Disconnection Errors Occur In Environments Using Firewalls

Due to the way connections were managed, disconnection errors sometimes occurred when using SRM in an environment with a firewall. To resolve this issue, a timeout option has been added. By adding <WaitForUpdatesTimeout> to the vmware-dr.xml file, SRM is configured to wait for the specified number of seconds before closing the connection. The default value is 900, which equals 15 minutes. If disconnection errors are occurring in an environment with a firewall, set the <WaitForUpdatesTimeout> value to be less than the firewall timeout on connections.

The above paragraph comes from:

http://www.vmware.com/support/srm/srm_releasenotes_4_1_1.html

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mal_michael
Commander
Commander

The syntax should be:

<WaitForUpdatesTimeout>desired_timeout_value</WaitForUpdatesTimeout>

Michael.

GuyTC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

VMware Tech support came back with an answer - here it is for any others who have the same problem:

file: c:\program files x86\vmware\srm\config\vmware-dr.xml on both SRM servers has the following line added as its penultimate:

<WaitForUpdatesTimeout>300</WaitForUpdatesTimeout>

any adjustment made to this 300 setting needs to be done on both srm servers and the srm services recycled.

extract from the last few lines of vmware-dr.xml

->

<disableNFCServerCertificateChecks>true</disableNFCServerCertificateChecks>

<SiteName>Site2</SiteName>

<extension>

<key>com.vmware.vcDr</key>

</extension>

<WaitForUpdatesTimeout>600</WaitForUpdatesTimeout>

</Config>

0 Kudos