VMware Cloud Community
vikrant_singh
Contributor
Contributor

SRM 4.1 and Array Manager information

Hi,

I am new to SRM and would be doing the installation of SRM 4.1 in few days however need to clarify a few points. When configuring Array Managers ( Protection and Recovery Side Array Managers), do we need any information from the storage admins? We are using EMC Symmetrix Storage (SRDF). From some screenshots I have found that we need an IP address to provide. Is that something which  Storage Admin would know? If yes then what should I ask him. Do we need any credentails  to connect to Storage? Can someone please provide details on it? Attached screenshot help in pointing to the right direction but still can not find a definite answer.

Regards,
V S

0 Kudos
4 Replies
hosterman_cody
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Vikrant,

You will need the IP addresses of the remote and local Solutions Enabler API servers that control the local and remote Symmetrix arrays. You will not need any special credentials to connect, but depending on the security configuration of the Symmetrix and/or Solutions Enabler environment, they may need to grant your SRM service access.

I wrote a technical guide on SRDF and SRM 4.1 that hopefully you will find helpful. You can find it here:

http://www.emc.com/collateral/software/technical-documentation/h7061-srdf-adapter-vcenter-srm.pdf

Cody Hosterman

Sr. Systems Integration Engineer

Technical Partner Management -- VMware

Central Partner Engineering

EMC Corporation

vikrant_singh
Contributor
Contributor

Many thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
vikrant_singh
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any possibility that EMC Symmetrix  may not be running local and remote API Servers? My Storage admin says he doesn't have this information. 😞

Is API server known by a different name as well? Can someone please tell me exactly what I should ask from Storage? Is API Server or Solution Enabler known as Storage Processor? Sorry for my lack of Storage knowledge but if someone could assist, would be really great.

Regards

Vikrant Singh

0 Kudos
mal_michael
Commander
Commander

Hi,

If you don't have knowledge in storage and your storage admin is not familiar with SRM, both of you should go through the document Cody wrote. At least "Configuration and Installation" section, which provides all the neccesary info and example of an environment:

1889649.png

Michael.

0 Kudos