VMware Cloud Community
PeterVG
Contributor
Contributor

SRM 1.0.1 compatible with VC2.5 U4 ??

Hi all,

Anyone out there already tried this combination ?

I am particulary interested because if the Guest customizations for Windows 2008.

Looking forward to some respone :smileycool:

Kind regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
10 Replies
mullo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Peter,

I have just completed the upgrade at both my sites to VC 2.5 update 4, including all plugins. I have completed an SRM (1.0.1) test successfully.

Hope this is what you are after.

Regards,

Steven

0 Kudos
jesse_gardner
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks Steve! We were wondering the same thing. Had you spoken with VMware at all about whether this configuration is actually supported (yet)?

0 Kudos
mullo
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Jesse,

No, i didnt actually speak directly with VMWARE. I'd be very surprised if this change wasnt supported, there was no obvious impact on the SRM components and it seems to work without any problems.

Steven.

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

It's currently not officially supported: http://www.vmware.com/pdf/srm_101_compat_matrix.pdf

When it's supported it will be added to the pdf. I know the SRM team is working on this but I don't know when it will be completed.

Duncan

Blogging: http://www.yellow-bricks.com

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos
Jay_Judkowitz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Peter,

I apologize for the silence on this, but as most folks are used to by now, VMware is very cautious about posting any product related promises, be they about features or compatibility.

To the actual question... I am happy to say that VC 2.5 U4 testing has completed successfully and you should see the compatibility guide updated to indicate support very soon.

Thanks,

Jay

0 Kudos
PeterVG
Contributor
Contributor

Hi all,

still after upgrading to VC 2.5 U4 & ESX 3.5 U4, Win2008 IP changes via Guest customizations are still not working on SRM 1.0.1 p2 Smiley Sad

Any idea when this will be fixed ??

This is the last item in my opinion to have a COMPLETE DR plan for the virtual environment, especially since our W2K8 install base is growing by the day ...

Peter

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

I don't know, but I do know that p3 has been released for 1.01 Smiley Happy

Duncan

VMware Communities User Moderator

-

Blogging:

Twitter:

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos
PeterVG
Contributor
Contributor

Patch 3 is Good news, but it doesn't resolve the W2k8 guest customization problem :_|

Come on VMware, this shouldn't be so hard ...

0 Kudos
Prismal
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having the same problem.

I can't find any information regarding this being fixed in the intervening 3 monthes.

Does anyone know if VMware has made any progress on this issue?

0 Kudos
jbock
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Prismal,

We expect to add support for Windows 2008 guest customization in an upcoming patch release very soon. Thanks for your patience.

--Jon

0 Kudos