VMware Cloud Community
pallipattu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

SRA command "discovery arrays failed"adv0408 file not found in VMware Site recovery manager.

Hello All,

Can we add multiple array managers to sites in VMware SRM? 

How to register multiple array managers to one copy group in SRA?

When i try to add new array manager(second array manager) to one site i am getting error" SRA command "discovery arrays failed"adv0408 file not found in VMware Site recovery manager.

Versions:VMware SRM 5.5

Storage cruiser: Fujitsu Eternus SF v16.1,SRA 2.3

Thanks in advance,

Ramu Reddy

ramureddy.p@gmail.com

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pallipattu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Stefan,

I have contacted my storage Team. Issue was with Advanced copy Manager(ACM) license issue. After register ACM license in SRA Database of SRM servers everything was fine and I was able to protect all the remaining VM's.

Best Regards,

Ramu Reddy

View solution in original post

5 Replies
basher
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hello Ramu,

Can you please describe a bit better what is it you are trying to achieve here?

You have 1 Fujitsu array and you have created an "Array Manager" in SRM for it. You are now trying to create a second array manager. What should it represent?

What do you mean by "copy group"?

Best regards

Stefan Tsonev

Director - VMware Site Recovery Manager
0 Kudos
pallipattu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Stefan,

First we have to register Array manager  to SRA.

2. we will be creating copy group in  Storage adaptor. After creating copy group we will add array pairs to copy group. and initiate replication from production site to Recovery site.

3. when we refresh in VMware SRM all the datastores which are paired and replicating will shown.\

4. we will add datastores into protection group and create a recovery plan.

Now my problem ::

I already have one array manger added to SRA.

Due to increase in infrastructure our storage team has added new storage arrays(storage boxes). Now  I have to add new storage array manager to the copy group which is  already created in SRA.

My doubt is can we add new array manager to existing group? If YES, How? what is the commands.

Second issue:

I am trying to add second array manager to site It is throwing error. Attached image.

Note:

We are using array based replication in SRM.

thanks in advance.

Ramu Reddy

0 Kudos
basher
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

I see,

You have to take this question to Fujitsi support. SRM normally allows you to create a second array manager for an additional array. The error you are seeing is coming from the SRA that's provided by Fujitsu. I tried looking at their website, but couldn't find any help.

Best regards

Stefan Tsonev

Director - VMware Site Recovery Manager
pallipattu
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks Stefan,

I have contacted my storage Team. Issue was with Advanced copy Manager(ACM) license issue. After register ACM license in SRA Database of SRM servers everything was fine and I was able to protect all the remaining VM's.

Best Regards,

Ramu Reddy

AleksejT
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello!

Please, help.

How register ACM license in SRA Database of SRM servers?

0 Kudos