VMware Cloud Community
sureshadmin2011
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Remove and add new array manager - SRM 4.1

Hi,

We have SRM 4.1 configured with a array manger IP address of EMC solution enabler server which manages EMC symetrix arrays. We have many SRM protection plans setup already. Now we have installed new solution enabler server which has visiblity to the arrays managed by the current solution enabler server and also has visiblity to couple of new arrays. So now i have to replace my old array manager with the new one in SRM.

Can i go to array manager --> "Configure" --> select the old array manager --> click Remove?   Then "Add" new array manager.

Wnated to know when i remove the old array manager and before i add the new array manager, will my existing protection groups crash?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
codyhosterman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The protection groups will be temporarily invalid while the SE information updates. As long as you have your new SE server properly configured though once the process is done the groups should be fine again. It has been a while since I have touched 4.1 though and I cannot remember if SRM 4.1 blocks removing an array manager when there are protection groups that use it though.

0 Kudos