VMware Cloud Community
rickyxt
Contributor
Contributor

Problem pairing SRM sites

Hello

I'm having some trouble pairing our sites in a new deployment using SRM 5.8.

When trying to pair the sites I get the following error message:

srm_blank.JPG

The error refers to the SRM server on the same site as the pair operation is being initiated from. I get the same error message if I try the pair operation from either side.

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,

Richard

0 Kudos
7 Replies
basher
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

This is most likely due to improperly configured networking between sites. This particular error is about the Web-Client (running on the same machine as vCenter) at your Site A being unable to talk to SRM at Site B on port 8095.

You need to allow communication between vCenter machine (IP) on every site to SRM on the other site on port 8095.

It could be more complicated if you have a standalone vSphere Web-Client installation.

See http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=208115...

Best Regards

Stefan Tsonev

Director - VMware Site Recovery Manager
0 Kudos
RyanH84
Expert
Expert

Hi,

I agree with Stefan here, it is almost certainly down to networking or a firewall blocking port 8095.

From your SRM Server, try to telnet to the counter-part SRM server on 8095. Does it work?

If not you can be sure that it isn't getting through for whatever reason. My gut feeling would be firewall somewhere along the line...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Regards, Ryan vExpert, VCP5, VCAP5-DCA, MCITP, VCE-CIAE, NPP4 @vRyanH http://vRyan.co.uk
0 Kudos
rickyxt
Contributor
Contributor

Okay guys thanks for the advice. I'll focus my troubleshooting on the networking and see what I find.

Richard

0 Kudos
cfaustino26
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys,

Did anyone resolve this? I'm having the same issue. I'm using SRM 6.0 and I already check port 9086 which is not block.

Chris

0 Kudos
basher
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi,

Please check connectivity from:

1. SRM machine at protection site to recovery site SRM

2. vCenter machine at protection site to recovery site SRM.

3. Vice versa

The UI also needs to connect to remote site and SRM UI runs in vSphere Web Client on the vCenter machine

Best Regards

Stefan

Director - VMware Site Recovery Manager
0 Kudos
cfaustino26
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Guys,

I'm using shared recovery topology. In recovery site, I have two SRM installed. One SRM installed on vCenter01 server and the other is installed on other SRM_VM which is registered to vCenter01. On two protected site, I've have installed SRM on vCenter02 and vCenter03 respectively.

I've successfully pair sites of SRM installed on vCenter01 and SRM installed vCenter02. But when I'm trying to pair SRM_VM and SRM on vCenter03, it can't connect to SRM_VM.

I'm using SRM 6.0 version.

SitePair Error SRM.PNG

0 Kudos
mawahab
Contributor
Contributor

I'm running vcenter and srm on different VM; both are in same subnet.

While Site Pairing everything goes correct...

connection to remote vcenter server, certificate validation, connection to remote srm server, certification valiidation and reciprocity.

After i say "finish" it prompt for Protected vCenter and Recover vCenter Username and Password.

Then i get error saying "No Client connection to SRM Server for IP/vCenter remote"55795_55795.jpg20151230_162624.jpg

Please help in resolving the issue. I get the same error prompt from both sides

Mohammad Abdul Wahab
Senior System and Network Engineer (Post and Presales)

Mohammad Abdul Wahab Senior System and Network Engineer (Post and Presales) mawahab@itqan.ae
0 Kudos