VMware Cloud Community
ocheeslice
Contributor
Contributor

Problem creating protection group

Problem Location:

Site Recovery --> Protection Group --> Create --> Named Group EQL6 --> Select Datastore Group <PROBLEM HERE>

*Possible reason/What I did: Probably not related*

A VM was on EQL6 --> cold migrated it to VRANGEROS while it was still protected in EQL6 -- Chose Move to new Volume.

When I noticed a problem and what I've tried:

I tried to set up a protection group for EQL8 and found that it was on the same line as EQL6. So I deleted the EQL6 protection group and tried to recreate it but EQL6 and EQL8 are still tied together. <SEE SCREEN SHOT> I was able to set up a protection group for VRanger as the collection between the data and the OS.

EQL6 and EQL8 were created months apart, are not a collection and should not be showing up like this. How do I get EQL 6 and EQL8 separate? They are separate in the Datastore list.

Any Suggestions?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
ocheeslice
Contributor
Contributor

I figured out what the problem was.

BingLSM (located on EQL8) had an ISO image mounted on the CD/DVD rom from EQL6. When I added it to the protection group it linked Volume 6 and Volume 8 together. It did not give me any errors at the time and I forgot that I had an image mounted. I un mounted the image and then had invalid servers (they belonged to EQL8) in the EQL6/EQL8 protection group. I took the invalid servers out of the Protection group and renamed the label to EQL6. Then I created anew protection group and EQL8 was by itself.

0 Kudos