VMware Cloud Community
nightrider7731
Contributor
Contributor

PowerCLI info on protected VMs from recovery site only

I'm trying to create some powershell scripts to assist in automating the recovery of a very large SRM environment (vCenter 6.0U3, SRM 6.1.2) using ABR.  Without going into the nitty gritty, I would like the ability to retrieve information (recovery plan name, protection group name, VM name, recovery cluster, SRM inventory trees (folders), etc.) for protected VMs strictly from the recovery site (in case protected site is down in an actual DR) so I can control the recovery external to the SRM GUI.  Certain plans must start before others (authentication servers before databases before apps/middleware, etc.) and there are also certain recovery side clusters that are the target of multiple recovery plans each with a large number of devices.  Via powershell, I would like to determine the destination resource pool for each plan so that no two plans are hitting the same cluster at one time.  I would also like to get info on the name of the protection group for a given plan, and the names/ID of the VM in the plan so I can control the power-on order in later steps.  UpdateViewData() doesn't appear to pull proper info/ID for the placeholder holder VMs and mapping the PeerProtectedVm is only accessible for info if the protected site is up.

Am I missing something?  It appears that the root issue is that the mapping of the MoRef return to the actual plans, groups, and VMs is not there.  I've tried the Meadowcroft cmdlets without luck in these specific areas.  Any help guidance?

0 Kudos
0 Replies