VMware Cloud Community
EMann
Contributor
Contributor

Plugin Install Error -> Problem solved

Hi

I try to build a testenvironment with SRM.

The environment meets all the requirements so i can't see any problems. I installed SRM and tried to download the SRM Plugin, but i can't get it.

There's the errormessage: Remote Server has given an Error: (503) Server not available.

So I tried to start the SRM Service manually... but there's another errormessage:

The VMware Site Recovery Manager Service service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Allerts service.

Some Information about the environment

DR Site:

• Windows 2003 r2 server (enterprise edition) sp1 (english)

• Virtual Infrastructure Client 2.5

• Virtual Center Server 2.5

• 1 ESX 3.5

Primar Site

• Windows 2003 r2 server (enterprise edition) sp2 (german)

• Virtual Infrastructure Client 2.5

• Virtual Center Server 2.5

• 1 ESX 3.5

MS SQL 2000 Server (SP4) for SRM. On both hosts there is a MS SQL 2005 Server for small environments installed -> for Virtual Center.

NetApp Storage

All machines are in the same domain.

So atm i can't figure out what's wrong.

Thanks for help

Just solved the Problem: There was just a wrong Log on information given for the servic

(-> 2 days to find out Smiley Sad )

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vcpguy
Expert
Expert

I am receiving the same error message. Can comebody tell me, how to solve this problem ?

Thanks

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos
divintas
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you please post the SRM service log file? You can find it in normally in

Documents and Settings\All USers\Application Data\VMware\Vmware Site REcovery Manager\Logs\...

Maybe the Expired Eval Licenses problem?

0 Kudos