VMware Cloud Community
MatthewCEvans
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Patch 2 for Update 1 of SRM? Where is it?

We received the following email from VMware:

This email indicates that Patch 2 for Update 1 was released in February 2009:

In February, we released Patch 2 for Update 1. (Patch 1, previously released in January, has been absorbed into Patch 2). Patch 2 addresses the following issues:

• The Inventory Mapping screen hangs when SRM protects more than a handful of hosts

• Test and recovery fail for some VMs when recovering to multiple ESX clusters where the clusters access different sets of datastores.

But I'm not able to find this download on VMware's site nor do I see it mentioned in this forum. Any suggestions?

Matthew Evans

Kraft & Kennedy, Inc.

360 Lexington Ave.

New York, NY 10017

Direct: 212.692.5608

email: evans@kraftkennedy.com

Matthew Evans Kraft & Kennedy, Inc. 360 Lexington Ave. New York, NY 10017 Direct: 212.692.5608 email: evans@kraftkennedy.com
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Smoggy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Matthew,

you need to login to the same SRM download area that you originally used to download SRM itself and also any SRA's. I suspect this confuses people because when they navigate to the SRM download front page prior to clicking download it would seem that if you press the download button you will be downloading SRM and not SRM patches. Truth is when you navigate to the download page you will see a large download table where we have links for not only the SRM code but also the SRA's and any SRM patches. have attached a screenshot that shows you where the patch is.

hope this helps

Lee Dilworth

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Smoggy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi Matthew,

you need to login to the same SRM download area that you originally used to download SRM itself and also any SRA's. I suspect this confuses people because when they navigate to the SRM download front page prior to clicking download it would seem that if you press the download button you will be downloading SRM and not SRM patches. Truth is when you navigate to the download page you will see a large download table where we have links for not only the SRM code but also the SRA's and any SRM patches. have attached a screenshot that shows you where the patch is.

hope this helps

Lee Dilworth

0 Kudos
MatthewCEvans
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, that worked and I found it.

Are there release notes someplace else to indicate what was fixed?

Matthew Evans

Kraft & Kennedy, Inc.

360 Lexington Ave.

New York, NY 10017

Direct: 212.692.5608

email: evans@kraftkennedy.com

Matthew Evans Kraft & Kennedy, Inc. 360 Lexington Ave. New York, NY 10017 Direct: 212.692.5608 email: evans@kraftkennedy.com
0 Kudos
sepso
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

0 Kudos
Smoggy
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Yes, in the "Usage Instructions" link which is also shown in that screenshot. I see your point guess its not intuitive that a usage doc would contain fix info,but if you look at that doc you will see info your looking for:

This patch corrects two problems:

• a problem that prevents protected virtual machines from following recommended Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) settings when recovering to more than one DRS cluster.

• a problem observed at sites that support more than seven ESX hosts. If you refresh inventory mappings when connected to such a site, the display becomes unresponsive for up to ten minutes. (This problem was also addressed in Patch 1 for SRM 1.0 Update 1.)

cheers

Lee Dilworth