VMware Cloud Community
bleeuwenJC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

No storage replication adapters installed.

Hi,

i had setup an environment with evaluation licenses. vSphere 6.7 with SRM 8.2. A few weeks later, i added licenses and wanted to continue testing SRM, but it gave an error on the Storage Replication Adapters. On one site it says: No storage replication adapters installed.

I already removed the SRA adapter on the appliance and added it again. In the SRM appliance management i can see the SRA but when i go to the Site Recovery, it does not have a adapter? One site does have the adapter now, but the second doesn't according to the site recovery interface (although the driver has been loaded in the appliance management).

Before the evaluation was over a few weeks ago, the SRA was available. I dit not check the SRA status before licensing, but it is a problem now. I already rebooted the appliances (SRM & VC) but still the SRA is unavailable. The other site has no issues with this....

I would appreciate any help finding the solution.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi

Please run reconnect/re-configure site pairing once and then click on rescan adapters

If the issue persists, take a snapshot of SRM appliance perform steps.1 to 5 here -->

https://docs.netapp.com/vapp-97/topic/com.netapp.doc.vsc-dsg/GUID-2320F5E3-8878-45F4-9F68-6FBC9706DB...

1. Log in using administrator account to the SRM Appliance using putty.
  2. Switch to the root user using the command: su root
  3. At the log location enter the command to get the docker ID used by SRA docker ps -l
  4. To login to the container ID, enter command docker exec -it -u srm <container id> sh
  5. Configure SRM with the virtual appliance for VSC, VASA Provider, and SRA IP address and password using the command: perl command.pl -I <va-IP> administrator <va-password>

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi

Please run reconnect/re-configure site pairing once and then click on rescan adapters

If the issue persists, take a snapshot of SRM appliance perform steps.1 to 5 here -->

https://docs.netapp.com/vapp-97/topic/com.netapp.doc.vsc-dsg/GUID-2320F5E3-8878-45F4-9F68-6FBC9706DB...

1. Log in using administrator account to the SRM Appliance using putty.
  2. Switch to the root user using the command: su root
  3. At the log location enter the command to get the docker ID used by SRA docker ps -l
  4. To login to the container ID, enter command docker exec -it -u srm <container id> sh
  5. Configure SRM with the virtual appliance for VSC, VASA Provider, and SRA IP address and password using the command: perl command.pl -I <va-IP> administrator <va-password>

0 Kudos
bleeuwenJC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, thank you for your repsonse.

I have reconnected the site pairing, still no replication adapters are available. I followed the article VSC, VASA Provider, and SRA 9.7 Documentation Center as swell. Still no adapters available...

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

That should have got the SRAs working. Please reboot these appliances and perform rescan adapters on both appliances.

If the SRAs are still not detected, please attach SRM logs to identify if that reports any issues.

SRM logs: /var/log/vmware/srm/vmware-dr.log

If you find a folder for SRA in /var/log/vmware/ or /var/log/vmware/srm/, please attach them as well

0 Kudos
bleeuwenJC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I did another reboot, now i have the following error again on the srm appliance:

Cannot retrieve SRA details. The SRA might have configuration issues.

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Seems like an issue with the SRA application or some communication issue between SRA and Netapp VSC.

Please rescan adapters and check the SRM logs on the appliance for more details or attach them here if possible

0 Kudos
bleeuwenJC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi, i ran again into problems, but that was an issue because the VSC was down. I was missing my storage under the VSC tab of the vsphere client. When the VSC rebooted, and the storage was back, i noticed that the SRA was not enabled under settings > manage capabilities.

I have enabled the SRA again and things are running now. Because of a changed storage password i have added the storage again but forgot to enable SRA. We need this capability turned on for SRA to work.......

Thanks for your support!

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Great work there. Thank you for sharing the details

0 Kudos
JDMils_Interact
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I'm having the same issue as the OP, however reconnecting the sites did not fix it. Do I need to have the NetApp VSC running in the environment for the vCenter to see the SRA?

As for this line in your response Ashilkrishnan:

Configure SRM with the virtual appliance for VSC, VASA Provider, and SRA IP address and password using the command: perl command.pl -I <va-IP> administrator <va-password>

1. What's the <va-IP> property? Which device is this?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
MJMSRI
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

@JDMils_Interact the VA IP Address will be the IP Address for the NetApp Virtual Storage Console (VSC). There is a new VSC out now called ONTAP TOOLS for VMware 9.8 so that will also be the target IP in this command for newer scenarios like this. 

You can try to login to the VSC to check the administrator password is correct by visiting https://<VSCIP>:9083 

If you cant login then open a VMware Console to the VM (VMRC or Web) then login with the 'maint' user and you can reset the administrator password with option 2 once logged in.

0 Kudos