VMware Cloud Community
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

No SRM icon in vSphere Web Client

As in case of shared recovery site, multiple srm servers can be linked with same vcenter by using the custom plugin ID. I did this installation successfully, but after this in web client srm icon should be available and in my case it's not availble . I can see the srm both the plugin but no icon is available.

shared recover.png

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
7 Replies
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert

What do you mean "no icon is available"? Have you logged out of and back into the webclient?

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Yes, done it multiple times. But even after logout and login back, no SRM icon in vsphere web client.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert

I'd suggest searching for that problem on VMTN and at KBs. I've seen it come up a number of times. If that can't solve it open an SR.

0 Kudos
NikRaychev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello,

Can you try restarting vsphere-client process and after it is back up login? If that does not help can you attach the vsphere-client logs?

Regards,

Nik

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

After restarting server, now i can see SRM Icon but only one srm is visible not another

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos
NikRaychev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As I understand you have one PSC and one vCenter Server and 2 SRM servers registered with them. Can you open the MOB of the VC and check whether you have both SRM extensions registered? Go to https://<VC IP>/mob, then Content, Extension Manager and check there whether both SRM extension exists.

Nik

0 Kudos
RanjnaAggarwal
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Kindly check the screenshot i shared initially.

Regards, Ranjna Aggarwal
0 Kudos