VMware Cloud Community
seamouse
Contributor
Contributor

No SRM Icon on home page

I have a fairly strange issue

I have been trying to install the latest version of SRM with the embedded database. Everything works ok and the installation goes through without any issues.

I am using the latest version of the VCSA for vSphere 6

There is no firewall between the VCSA and the SRM windows vm and they are all on the same subnet

I have verified that SRM has deployed by making sure the object is registered under vcenter and it is there by going to http://vcenter_name/mob

The only problem I have is that I cannot see the icon on the home page and it is not listed under client extension

I have tried removing the extension and re-installing SRM several times but each time I cannot get the icon to appear on the home page

Just wondering if anyone has seen this problem

5 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

I saw a case last week where an outdated version of the SRM plugin was causing similar symptoms. Can you check what plugins are installed here on the VCSA:

/etc/vmware/vsphere-client/vc-packages/vsphere-client-serenity

If there are older versions of SRM, I would recommend deleting them then restarting the web client service.

seamouse
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for that

I checked the directories you mentioned and there were two directories relating to legacy srm versions. We were advised by VMware TSE's to de-install 6.1.1 and try ver 6 instead but I had to remove the existing vsphere replication appliances and install older ones compatible with version 6. I could not get 6 to work so went back to 6.1.1.1

I tried removing the directories but they do seem to keep re-appearing

I will try again tomorrow to  see if I can remove them but thanks for your help it was much appreciated

0 Kudos
Geoff_Rose
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Seamouse, Did you resolve this issue. I have a similar issue - were using windows vcenter and srm. Using SRM 6.1 icon visible in protected but not dr site.

In one of our regions the issue was fixed by using the 5.8 web client add in for srm.

Apparently there is an internal vmware kb about this but you need engineering approval before the techs will try it.

0 Kudos
seamouse
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Geoff

It was resolved by a really good VMware TSE called Brendan. What he did was to compare the directories with the side that was not working with the side that was. We found a missing directory on the side that was not working which we copied across from the side that was.

We changed the owner on the file and restarted the vsphere client and hey presto everything worked. When I mean directories I mean what was on our vcsa so I am not sure if the Windows vCenter would be different

0 Kudos
seamouse
Contributor
Contributor

Has been fixed now with the help of a VMware TSE. We found a missing directory on the protected site which we copied across from the vcenter (which was working ) on the recovery site changed the owner of the file and restarted the vsphere client and everything started to work. Thanks for all your help teamwork is great as we don't all know everything