VMware Cloud Community
ejacobs
Contributor
Contributor

New 5.1 SRM upgrade with NetApp SRA upgrade has problems with array discovery

Upgraded SRM to 5.1. Installed new 2.01 NetApp SRA. But when I go into SRM and look at arrays I see the following error:

Internal error: std::exception 'class Dr::Xml::XmlValidateException' "Element 'SourceDevices' is not valid for content model: '(SourceDevice, )'"

Don't know what that means. But I suspect it isn't working

0 Kudos
4 Replies
buckmaster
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

SRM with Netapp is working fine, vSphere 5.1 and Netapp SRA for 2.01.  There is a pdf that comes with the SRA.  You most likely will have to modify a couple of files per the pdf - ontap_config.txt and ip_hostname_mapping.txt.  My scenerio I had to modify these files per the pdf.

Tom Miller
0 Kudos
JC637
Contributor
Contributor

Ran into the same issue!!!

Theres a NetApp BURT #642115....The fix is to exclude the LUNs that arent needed in your setup.

Look at your SRM logs @  C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager\Logs

Do a search for <ConsistencyGroups> and add the Volume name to the Exclude list in the SRM UI

ExcludeList.jpg

If your Recovery site is replicating back to your Primary you will need to parse those logs too.

That should get your Array Pairs setup....

0 Kudos
sabmo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It's a bug, you either need to include the volumes manually or fall back to NetApp SRA 2.0.0

0 Kudos
buckmaster
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

NO bug.  Did setup for a customer with vSphere 5.1, SRM 5.1, Netapp SRA latest version everything working great.  I did have to turn on httpd option - should have been in the sra readme but was not.

Tom Miller
0 Kudos