VMware Cloud Community
jamieorth
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

NetApp Volume / Lun config with SRM?

Anyone going to use NetApp / SnapMirror and SRM? I am looking to see how other people have their volumes and luns configured. I am reading that SnapMirror does its replication based upon the volume, not the lun, so we are looking at either having each VM (or pool of similar type VM's) in their own volume/lun.

Regards...

Jamie

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Remember, if it's not one thing, it's your mother...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dburgess
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Jamie,

We have done a couple of setups with SRM and NetApp for internal VMware lab and demo envirnments . In all cases so far we have mapped a single volume to a lun. There seems no obvious downsides of taking this approach and it makes your design a lot simpler.

Cheers,

dB

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dburgess
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Jamie,

We have done a couple of setups with SRM and NetApp for internal VMware lab and demo envirnments . In all cases so far we have mapped a single volume to a lun. There seems no obvious downsides of taking this approach and it makes your design a lot simpler.

Cheers,

dB

0 Kudos
jamieorth
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Thanks. Thats what I was thinking as well. I am used to EMC so the terms and config for NetApp is a little confusing to me as I try to adjust.

Regards...

Jamie

If you found this information useful, please consider awarding points for "Correct" or "Helpful".

Remember, if it's not one thing, it's your mother...

0 Kudos