VMware Cloud Community
SeanDA
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

NFS Support - When is it going to happen?

For months and months now NFS support has been 'just around the corner", yet the new update has arrived and its still not in there......

I have loads of NetApp customers running VI3 on NFS (all of them love it) who are constantly asking about SRM and since VMworld in February I have been telling them its "coming soon".

I have migrated some back to iSCSI in order to implement SRM, and although it works great, its just not as slick or easy as NFS

Does anyone know when this will likely happen? and or what the dely is down to? You would think it would be reasonably straight forward.

Sean

0 Kudos
4 Replies
vmroyale
Immortal
Immortal

Sent you a pm...

Brian Atkinson | vExpert | VMTN Moderator | Author of "VCP5-DCV VMware Certified Professional-Data Center Virtualization on vSphere 5.5 Study Guide: VCP-550" | @vmroyale | http://vmroyale.com
0 Kudos
jbock
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Sean,

We are very aware that there are a number of customers who are very interested in NFS support for SRM, but unfortunately we can't make public statements about future releases. For customers who want to know more about future SRM features, I'd suggest working with your VMware counterpart to see if an NDA briefing would be appropriate.

--Jon

0 Kudos
DeeJay
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I've been asking the same question for months and have not managed to get any sense of our of VMWare partner - just that VMWare appreciate it's in demand and are 'working on it'.

Could anyone help with some more detailed information? We're planning to use SRM on Netapp storage if that makes a difference.

0 Kudos
WillGreen
Contributor
Contributor

I too am very interested in this question. The nearest I've come to an answer is Scott Lowe's blog:

"NetApp again re-iterated that they anticipate seeing NFS support in VMware SRM somewhere in the March 2009 timeframe."

0 Kudos