VMware Cloud Community
JonBohlke
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Multiple SRAs on a single SRM server

I have seen some confusing information on this topic so hopefully someone can clear this up for me. I have two SANs, one Symmetrix and one Clarrion both with replication to the same hardware at a DR site. Can I install two SRAs on my SRM server to automate the failover between both storage enviornments?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jay_Judkowitz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you have Symmetrix pairs replicating with SRDF and CLARiiON pairs replicating with MirrorView all you need to do is install both SRAs and you can leverage both sets of replication.

If you are looking to replicate between the Symmetrix and the CLARiiON, then you need RecoverPoint, SVC, Falconstor ,or another heterogeneous replication system (which in turn would need its own SRA).

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jay_Judkowitz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

If you have Symmetrix pairs replicating with SRDF and CLARiiON pairs replicating with MirrorView all you need to do is install both SRAs and you can leverage both sets of replication.

If you are looking to replicate between the Symmetrix and the CLARiiON, then you need RecoverPoint, SVC, Falconstor ,or another heterogeneous replication system (which in turn would need its own SRA).

0 Kudos
JonBohlke
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Great, thanks for clearing that up.

0 Kudos
JonBohlke
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Just curious is there a limit to the amount of SRAs that can be installed?

0 Kudos