VMware Cloud Community
burchell99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Migrate SRM DB from SQL to Embedded

Hello

Is it possible or supported to migrate from a SQL Server DB (2012) to the embedded DB and keep data? I found posts about going from embedded to SQL but we want to do the opposite.

Currently running SRM 6.1.2.2

We are planning a migration to SRM 8.1.1 so I understand a workaround might be to do this and then to export config re-install with embeeded and import config but I wondered if there are alternative supported or unsupported options available on our current version.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
burchell99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I now see that SRM 8.2 is out which has an appliance option. I will upgrade my Windows and SQL version from 6.1.2.2 to 8.2 and then carry out the migration process noted: Migrate from Site Recovery Manager for Windows to Site Recovery Manager Virtual Appliance which will move us from windows and SQL to a single appliance.

Hopefully this is of use to others

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
burchell99
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I now see that SRM 8.2 is out which has an appliance option. I will upgrade my Windows and SQL version from 6.1.2.2 to 8.2 and then carry out the migration process noted: Migrate from Site Recovery Manager for Windows to Site Recovery Manager Virtual Appliance which will move us from windows and SQL to a single appliance.

Hopefully this is of use to others

0 Kudos