VMware Cloud Community
esnmb
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Mass remove or reconfigure protection

Is it possible with SRM 5 to do a mass reprotect or remove all protection to a protection group?  If VM's are moved to either a new cluster or network I have to manually go to each VM in the protection group and unprotect, then reprotect to have SRM see that it's placement has changed.  This is pretty painful since some groups have 40 something VM's...

An example is one VM is running on AMD blades, to the mapping is to start them on the DR AMD blades.  If I move the VM to our Intel cluster the protection group has no idea and still starts the VM on the AMD cluster in DR...  Unless I remote protection and reprotect does the mapping change.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
harshahosur81
Contributor
Contributor

From SRM Administration Document

When you create a protection group for either vSphere or array-based replication, your inventory mappings
are applied to all the virtual machines in it. If you change the mappings, add virtual machines to the protected
datastore, or if the virtual machines lose their protection, you can reapply the mappings to all unconfigured
virtual machines in one step.
Procedure
1 Click Protection Groups in the left pane and click the Virtual Machines tab.
2 On the Virtual Machines page, click Configure All.
This procedure applies existing inventory mappings to all virtual machines that have a status of Not
Configured.
Harsha Hosur. VCDX #135; MCTS; CCA
0 Kudos