VMware Cloud Community
virtual_Vic
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

License file for SRM on D drive not being seen by License server

Hello fellow VMers...

One of our license servers isn't seeing the SRM license file. We have dropped in the folder with all our other license files. We have done the normal troubleshooting like, adding the license file through vmware license file tools, restarting license server service, and restarting vmware virtual center server service.

Does anyone know if license server has a requirement to be on the c drive for SRM?

Thanks,

Vic

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you use "VMware License Server Tools" and look at the "Config Services" tab, you may see "Path to the license file" set to "C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware License Server\Licenses". If this is the case, change the location to match the location of your SRM (and VC) license files and restart the service.

When you look in the Administration/Licensing Tab under Virtual Infrastructure Client, you should see "SRM" listed under the licensed features.

Jason

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

If you use "VMware License Server Tools" and look at the "Config Services" tab, you may see "Path to the license file" set to "C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware License Server\Licenses". If this is the case, change the location to match the location of your SRM (and VC) license files and restart the service.

When you look in the Administration/Licensing Tab under Virtual Infrastructure Client, you should see "SRM" listed under the licensed features.

Jason

0 Kudos
virtual_Vic
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Silly me! I had that pointing to a specific file and not just the path. Once I removed the specific file from the path and pointed it only to the path it worked like a charm.

Cheers,

Vic

0 Kudos