VMware Cloud Community
ActiveX
Contributor
Contributor

LVM Parameter & SRM Test

Hy,

Today i have installed the SRM in my environment.

I have 2 HP EVA 4400 Storages and 2 ESX3.5U2/VCS2.5U2 Clusters. I have 2 cross replicated LUNs with VMFS. The 2 LUNs are visible at ALL ESX Hosts. The replicated LUNs are not visible now.

Now I am finished with the configuration and thinking about to test my first Recovery Plan but also I am thinking about the LVM parameters: LVM.EnableResignature & LVM.DisallowSnapshotLun

Someone have a BestPractice for me?

Thanks

ActiveX

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Icoda_-_DC
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I dont have experience with the EVA's but with the Clariion's i didnt need to change any of these parameters. The SRM software and SAN agent seemed to deal with the promotion of the Snapped LUNs itself.

Good luck in your test.

ActiveX
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, the SAN Snapshot was resignatured automaticlly and presented on an other LUN! Everything is working perfect! Thanks

0 Kudos
gauche
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Just for further confirmation. SRM does definitely do resignaturing on its own even if you have not explicitly enabled it on your ESX servers.

You should be able to just run tests and not worry about this setting. You can also enable it explicitly if you wish without harming SRM. I have to because I'm doing other work with snapshots outside of SRM.

Adam Carter

Technical Product Manager

LeftHand Networks

Adam Carter Product Manager LeftHand Networks, an HP company
0 Kudos