VMware Cloud Community
anothervsphereu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Jump into bubble

I have SRM running and we have an isolated bubble network configured on each end that is working.   As we begin testing our recovery plans, I need to find a way to allow test users to "jump" into the bubble to do validation testing.  Has anyone found a good way to do this?  I have two thoughts. 

1. use an RDS server with two nics.  One nic on the production network, one nic in the bubble.  I will probably have to do something with static routes to force the traffic inside the bubble.

2. Horizon view.  Create a desktop pool with desktops that have two nics.  One on the prod network, one in the bubble.  Again, I will probably have to do something with static routes to force traffic inside the bubble.

Anyone have any other ideas?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi @anothervsphereu ,

If you are trying to change the test network mapping from auto created isolate network to a custom isolate network, you can change the network mappings for test network.

Please refer this document(Step.9) --> Configure Inventory mappings 

Hope that helps

0 Kudos
anothervsphereu
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Here is what I meant: By default, SRM will bring up VMs in test bubble based on the test network mapping. To test functionalities, either we need to create a custom isolate port group(may be using vlan, different subnets,etc.) and change the test network mapping to this port VM port group to be automatically used during test recovery.

OR

Once the VMs are recovered to bubble network, you can add a uplink/NIC to this test-bubble port group and access the VMs over network. Ensure the VMs in this port group stay isolated from production VMs to avoid any IP conflicts. User would usually provide custom IPs or use VLANs to separate them from production VM networks.

Hope that helps

0 Kudos