Received this error "Java 7 must be installed before installing EMC recoverpoint storage adapter" when installing EMC RP SRA 2.2.
1) Installed Java 7. Error still.
2) uninstalled java 6 and 7, reboot, reinstall 7 from java site. Error still.
3) right click on RP SRA and install as admin. Error still
4) Found SRA logfile in localsettings\temp\2\MSI673b8.log. log file said it Looked for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment" then a few lines later thew the error
5) checked registry... no HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment
6) installed jre-7u40-windows-x64.exe from IE
7) still no HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment
😎 uninstalled java 7 and rebooted
9) right click on jre-7u40-windows-x64.exe and run as administrator. Checked registry and had HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment this time
10) right click on RP SRA and install as admin.
8-10 is probably all that is needed.
Opened a ticket with EMC before I found the log file. Still have not heard back but will let them know also.
Hopefully this helps
I am running the same issue. Do you have an update regarding the EMC call you open ?
I am running the same issue. :smileyconfused:
The problem is the version of java!!
If you install the 32bit version does not work because the registry key ..\ JavaSoft \ Java Runtime Environment is created in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node.
I have installed the 64bit version offline (jre-7u40-windows-x64.exe) and the problem was solved.
Yes, installing jre-7u40-windows-x64.exe was the fix in my case. although it seemed I had to right click on it and "run as administrator"
I closed the case with EMC as my issue was fixed by the above.
Thanks. This really helped us out.
Really help me as well. Thanks!