VMware Cloud Community
JBMORE
Contributor
Contributor

Java 7 must be installed before installing EMC recoverpoint storage adapter

Received this error "Java 7 must be installed before installing EMC recoverpoint storage adapter" when installing EMC RP SRA 2.2.

Steps:

1) Installed Java 7.  Error still.

2) uninstalled java 6 and 7, reboot, reinstall 7 from java site.  Error still.

3) right click on RP SRA and install as admin.  Error still

4) Found SRA logfile in localsettings\temp\2\MSI673b8.log.  log file said it Looked for "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment"  then a few lines later thew the error

5) checked registry... no HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment

6) installed jre-7u40-windows-x64.exe from IE

7) still no HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment

😎 uninstalled java 7 and rebooted

9) right click on jre-7u40-windows-x64.exe and run as administrator.  Checked registry and had HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment this time

10) right click on RP SRA and install as admin.

8-10 is probably all that is needed.

Opened a ticket with EMC before I found the log file.  Still have not heard back but will let them know also.

Hopefully this helps

Cheers,

JBMORE

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Renegade90
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am running the same issue. Do you have an update regarding the EMC call you open ?

0 Kudos
mister74
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am running the same issue. :smileyconfused:Smiley Sad

The problem is the version of java!!

If you install the 32bit version does not work because the registry key ..\ JavaSoft \ Java Runtime Environment is created in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node.

I have installed the 64bit version offline (jre-7u40-windows-x64.exe) and the problem was solved.

Bye bye

0 Kudos
JBMORE
Contributor
Contributor

Yes, installing jre-7u40-windows-x64.exe was the fix in my case. although it seemed I had to right click on it and "run as administrator"

I closed the case with EMC as my issue was fixed by the above.

Cheers

0 Kudos
dadalowg2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks. This really helped us out.

0 Kudos
MRMAN25
Contributor
Contributor

Really help me as well. Thanks!

0 Kudos