VMware Cloud Community
Contributor
Contributor

Implementing Shared Recovery Sites in an existing SRM environment

Hello,

I have two environments with SRM installed in standard mode: 1 protected site with the vcenter and srm server and one recovery site with with vcenter and srm server. The first environment is based in VMware and SRM 6, the second one is based in VMware 5.5.1 and SRM 5.8. Is it possible to update these existing environments to be able to use "Shared recovery" ? I'm understanding that with this function I could to have N protected sites mapped to a single vCenter./ SRM server My objectif is for example, protect the environment based in VMware 6 and to use the recovery environment based in VMware 5.5. Thank you for your expert advice. KR.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
vbrowncoat
Expert
Expert

SRM requires the same major version of vCenter and SRM at all sites. See this site for details: VMware Product Interoperability Matrixes

Please read these links about shared recovery, I'm not sure you understand it fully:

https://blogs.vmware.com/virtualblocks/2016/07/28/srm-multisite/

VMware Documentation Library

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

For the moment, the initial and starter question still very basic for me: a shared environment could be or not  created with two different VMware versions (environments already installed).

Your comments confirms my understand that if I'd like to implements this function, I need to homogenize environments between protected and recovery sites N-1 (as regular SRM one-to-one site).

Thank you for your post.

0 Kudos