VMware Cloud Community
2012hplp2475w02
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How to get back VMs after a planned recovery

Hello,

I successfully did a planned recovery of a VM and it went fine.  I use vSphere replication.  Now I want to get back the VM to the protected site but I found that I can't use reprotect, since I don't use array-based replication.

I tried to create a new recovery plan at the recovery site but I got an error message saying that there is already a recovery plan for this VM.

How can I get back my VM to the protected site?  Should I delete the recovery plan first?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AnthBro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Try this

http://www.rtfm-ed.co.uk/2011/10/05/failover-with-srm-and-vsphere-replication/

and then let me know if you have any more issues, it's a really good guide.

Thanks

Anthony

Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company he works for.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AnthBro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Try this

http://www.rtfm-ed.co.uk/2011/10/05/failover-with-srm-and-vsphere-replication/

and then let me know if you have any more issues, it's a really good guide.

Thanks

Anthony

Any views or opinions presented in this post are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company he works for.
0 Kudos
2012hplp2475w02
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you Anthony,

That's exactly what I was looking for.

0 Kudos
2012hplp2475w02
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hello,

Trying to do a failback just like explain in the guide above, but when I want to configure vSphere Replication on the VM I get an error message saying that there is another machine with the same instance UUID(see attachment file).  Is there any way to get rid of this message?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2012hplp2475w02
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Solved my problem.  I had to remove the synchronisation, delete the protection groups and recovery plans and now everything's working.

0 Kudos