VMware Cloud Community
76dragon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Help with Permissions

I want to setup permissions for both Virtual Center and SRM, I would like both User1 and User2 to have full permissions over VC but only allow User2 to perform a "Test" within SRM, all other functionality should be unrestricted.

Ive created 2 custom roles cloned from "Administrator role " in VC called "Administrator with SRM Run" and "Administrator with SRM Test" the only difference here is that one has the ability to perform a RUN and the other only a TEST. Now my first problem was the User1 and User2 accounts are "domain administrators" in AD so Ive removed the domain administrators group from the local administrator group which ive read is recommended by VMware and this fixed the problem of both accounts getting FULL access.

The strange thing is when I log into VC as User1 or User2 I get a error when I try to click on the SRM plugin "Permission to perfrom this oeration denied", strange

Has anyone set this up and is maybe to point me in the right direction ? If i cloned the ADMINISTRATOR role I would have no problems.

Help appreciated Smiley Wink

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Reply
76dragon
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

OK, ive been playing and I was just being stupid, I was applying permissions back under the Inventory view of the Datacenter , once I went over to SRM I just applied the roles to the user on the Site Recovery obect and now its all working.

0 Kudos