VMware Cloud Community
pravin_utekar12
Contributor
Contributor

Getting error device_____ Volume can not be matched to Remote peer device..

Hi All,

I did the SRM test with a sigle VMDK on the a Volume and It was successful.

Now I have attach MS ISCSI Lun to the VM from the same Same Volume and did the SNap mirroring. When i Go to configure Array Manager I am getting error as device_____ Volume  can not be matched to Remote  peer device...

I tried to search on the google but did not find any resolution for this. Please suggest the steps to configure above config.

0 Kudos
8 Replies
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

You mean to say that you have added RDM to virtual machine and did replication of it. but you cannot see it when you configure Array manager.  If my understanding is correct, then you have place the vmdk of RDM on replicated datastore, else it will not work.

Regards

Mohammed Emaad

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
pravin_utekar12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mohammed,

Thanks For Reply. Your are saying correct. But My scenario is different I have attach Microsoft iscsi Lun by creating initaiter group using iqn at storage end. Its not a RDM disk. How can i add this in storage array.

Thanks

0 Kudos
memaad
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hi,

So from your above statement, you are using Microsoft Software Initiator to add lun to virtual machine ?

Regards

Mohammed Emaad

Mohammed | Mark it as helpful or correct if my suggestion is useful.
0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Generally you will get this error message if you mount the datastore by hostname and then specify the IP address for the name of the array in the SRA or vice versa. When you look under Configuration > Storage for your ESX servers check to see whether you are pointing at hostnames or IP address's for the targets. When you edit the settings for the SRA look at the management IP and make sure you use the same addressing method in there.

0 Kudos
pravin_utekar12
Contributor
Contributor

HI Mohammed,

You are right I have attach a lun to windows VM by using Microsoft Software Initiator. That to from the same Volume. and Snap mirrored that Volume. And at the recovery site Storage I can see that the volume is snapmirrored. But Now I am confused How should I configure storage array . I did try but getting error as explain above.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
pravin_utekar12
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Drydale,

We have configure it properly.

Thanks

0 Kudos
pravin_utekar12
Contributor
Contributor

Just a Question Does SRM support Microsoft ISCSI Initiator.Cause didnt find any post regarding this.    

0 Kudos
deepjay29
Contributor
Contributor

As per article its support only RDM no post found on MS iscsi support.

we are also struggling with software ISCSI

0 Kudos