VMware Cloud Community
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

Failed to create database tables.

Details:

DB does not contain SRM schema: VdbError: Column name does not exist in table dr_product_info

any idea why I am getting this error on instalation?

I have the user set as dbowner in the db already

0 Kudos
12 Replies
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Is your user account dbo in the msdb database as well? This is necessary during the installation only.

Tim Oudin

Tim Oudin
0 Kudos
a_p_
Leadership
Leadership

0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

yes my user is in the msdb database as dbo.

0 Kudos
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Ok, deeper into database requirements.

Please outline vCenter version, SRM version that you're attempting to install, Windows version and SP level, Database type (Oracle or SQL Server) and model and SP level. If MSSQL, clustered or not?

If MSSQL here's some information I just happen to have up in front of my at the time...

o 32-bit system DSN on all servers for the SRM database

o Must be owned by the SRM user account

o Must be the same name as the SRM user account

o Must be the default schema for the SRM user account

Tim Oudin

Tim Oudin
0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

what do you mean by

o Must be owned by the SRM user account

o Must be the same name as the SRM user account

o Must be the default schema for the SRM user account

the owner is currently a domain admin user.

the name of the DB is not the same as the SRM user account

The default schema says dbo

I am getting further now since I deleted the db and started the installation from beginnning

0 Kudos
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Sorry, typing quickly. Copy and paste from the SRM Administrators Guide follows:

Microsoft SQL Server Configuration

A Microsoft SQL Server configuration must meet specific requirements to support SRM.

Microsoft SQL Server has the following configuration requirements when used as the SRM database:

- There are three requirements for the database schema:

-- It must be owned by the SRM database user (the database user name you supply when configuring the SRM database connection).

-- It must have the same name as the SRM database user.

-- It must be the default schema for the SRM database user.

-- The SRM database user must have database administrator privileges.

Tim Oudin

Tim Oudin
0 Kudos
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Get your SRM logs, execute generate site recovery manager log bundle from the Start -> All Programs -> VMware -> VMware Site Recovery Manager. Check out the latest log file in the Logs directory of the zip file dropped on your desktop, this should lend some insight.

Tim Oudin

Tim Oudin
0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

It must be the default schema for the SRM database user.

what does this mean?

When I go to DAtabase User and Default schema - It shows dbo.

0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

the error keep coming after following the instructions...

I created a db called srm

user call srm

gave user dbowner

also game msdb dbowner

what is going on?

0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

a reinstall is giving me this error now

the srm logs show this

Section for VMware VirtualCenter, pid=4076, version=4.0.0, build=build-186627, option=Release

Current working directory: C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager\bin

TaskMax=10, IoMin=1, IoMax=21

Setting COM threading model to MTA

Execute - SQL execution failed: SELECT * FROM VPX_VERSION

Execute - Bind parameters:

Execute - ODBC Error: "ODBC error: (42S02) - [SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'VPX_VERSION'." is returned when executing SQL statement "SELECT * FROM VPX_VERSION"

VdbStatement::Execute(): Failed: "ODBC error: (42S02) - [SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'VPX_VERSION'." is returned when executing SQL statement "SELECT * FROM VPX_VERSION"

0 Kudos
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

First, and I thought I had already posted this but that must have been another thread, you have not outlined your environment here. Giving Windows version, vSphere version, SRM version (from build number it's 4.0.0), database type (MSSQL), database version and patch level, database local or remote, database user account Windows or sql server authentication, etc. Then we can step back and try to make a better assessment.

Or...as much as it is a fun challenge to hunt down the issue consider if the most appropriate action, for the sake of getting yourself running, might just be to:

0) Update vSphere to U1 if not already and download SRM 4.0 U1, you have the older release

1) Drop the database, completely

2) Remove your user account from the database server completely

3) Uninstall SRM, destroying any signs of it's existance (SRA, service accounts, Solutions Enabler, etc.)

4) Download Mike Laverick's book and start from scratch: http://www.rtfm-ed.co.uk/2010/03/22/new-administrating-vmware-site-recovery-manager-4-0/

Tim Oudin

Tim Oudin
0 Kudos
tdubb123
Expert
Expert

i finailly got it installed. Thank to this doc

http://communities.vmware.com/docs/DOC-11547

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos