VMware Cloud Community
bretttenney
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Exporting current IP customizations

Currently running SRM 5.0.1. We are planning on moving VMs to new datastores using VMFS 5. Is there a way for me to export the current IP customizations and import them back after making all the datastore changes?

I tried using the dr-ipcustomizer.exe but it seems to only generate a new file.  Thanks for any input as I am fairly new to SRM.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mmuvmsupport
Contributor
Contributor

I am trying to do the same thing (i think).....

try the dr-ip-reporter.exe command

C:\>dr-ip-reporter.exe --cfg ../config/vmware-dr.xml --out c:\report.csv --vc vc_DNS_name

This exports the existing IP addresses configured in your recovery plan into an XML file, but i am still unable to extract the current IP addresses in order to update them for the recovery site using dr-ip-customizer.exe.

0 Kudos
gotts
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I have a similar issue as we are migrating hosts from a 5.0 vCenter to a 5.1 vCenter and I want to export the existing Guest Customizations and then import them. Does anyone have a solution other than recreating the csv file?

0 Kudos
Daniel_Georgiev
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hello all, after you generate the CSV file with current VM configuration you must apply the IP customization configuration.

1. Execute the dr-ip-cusmozer.exe command from command line to generate a CSV file.

Example: C:\SRM_INSTALL_DIR\bin\dr-ip-customizer.exe --cfg ..\config\vmware-dr.xml --cmd generate --out "C:\VmIpCusomization.csv" --vc VC_IP_HOSTNAME

2. Execute the dr-ip-cusmozer.exe command from command line to apply CSV file with VM IP customization.

Example: C:\SRM_INSTALL_DIR\bin\dr-ip-customizer.exe --cfg ..\config\vmware-dr.xml --cmd apply --csv "C:\VmIpCusomization.csv" --vc VC_IP_HOSTNAME

Note: You should use one site (VC_IP_HOSTNAME) for generate and apply of IP customized configuration.

-Daniel G.

0 Kudos