VMware Cloud Community
dmontagna
Contributor
Contributor

Equallogic Synchronous Replications firmware 7.0.X with SRM 5.5.1

HI,

How can I have a synchronous replication using DELL Equallogic PS Series Group with SRM 5.5?

SRM need two PS Series Groups to configure de Prod Site and DR Site into SRM Manager Plug-in, and DELL Equallogic only support SyncRep if all PS members are into the same PS Group.

How can I achive this?

Regards,

Danilo.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
dmontagna
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone?

0 Kudos
Angelina_Kurtev
Contributor
Contributor

Looking at the Dell's Configuration Guide for SRM:

"Configuring Replication for vCenter Site Recovery Manager VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager is deployed with two separate PS Series groups that have replication enabled so that the Virtual Machines that reside on the datastores at the protected site are replicated to the recovery site. In order for a datastore to be protected with SRM the following conditions must be met:

+ The PS Series groups must be configured for replication

+ The volumes must have replication configured

+ The volumes must be part of a replication schedule"

And as you said:

"Synchronous Replication (SyncRep), included in Dell™ EqualLogic™ firmware 6.0 and later, simultaneously writes data to two hardware independent copies of a volume, contained in two different storage pools that are part of the same PS Series group."

so I guess this should go for firmware 7.0.X.

You need to configure replication partnership between protected site array and recovery site array in order to use SRM.

0 Kudos
dmontagna
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Angelina,

Thanks for your reply...

I'had to open a case on DELL Support to clarify this...

SRM 5.5.X does not support SYNCREP with two Equallogic PS Groups yet!!

This is a SRM limitation, not a Equallogic!!!

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos