VMware Cloud Community
jakejaya
Contributor
Contributor

Equallogic SRA discoverarrays error

Hi All,

I am installing a fresh install of vSphere/Site Recovery Manager w/ Dell Equallogic PS4000 SANs and am getting the following error when trying to add the SAN in the array manager screen

"Failed to authenticate with the array management system while executing 'discoverArrays' command."

Below is an excerpt of the logs at the time of the error.

0:17:32: ***** Dell EqualLogic SRA: Processing request discoverArrays *****

10:17:35: Connection to the server could not be established {ErrorLevel=4;Exception=rl.clbroker.RlError {Connection to the server could not be established;errorCode=0;};ExceptionType=5}

10:17:35: Failed to connect to the server xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

10:17:35: Saving XML output in output file C:\DOCUME1\xxx\LOCALS1\Temp\vmware-xxx\dr-sanprovider220-0

discoverArrays exited with exit code 0

'discoverArrays' returned <?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<Response>

<ReturnCode>3</ReturnCode>

</Response>

Return code for discoverArrays: 3

The scripts returned an error, leaving the temporary file 'C:\DOCUME1\xxx\LOCALS1\Temp\vmware-xxx\dr-sanprovider220-0'

Invalid array management system credentials reported by the script

Work function threw MethodFault: dr.san.fault.AuthenticationFault

Fault:

(dr.san.fault.AuthenticationFault) {

dynamicType = <unset>,

faultCause = (vmodl.MethodFault) null,

command = "discoverArrays",

msg = "",

}

RecordOp ASSIGN: info.error, ArrayManagerImpl.QueryInfoTask-2

Error set to (dr.san.fault.AuthenticationFault) {

dynamicType = <unset>,

faultCause = (vmodl.MethodFault) null,

command = "discoverArrays",

msg = "",

}

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jake

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
AndyShine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Jake,

I've got the same problem. Did you find a fix?

Thanks

Andrew

0 Kudos
AndyShine
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Jake,

I found a fix:

When I was adding the array manager information I was using an URL o 'http://ArrayName/index.html'. When I shortened it to just 'http://ArrayName' it all sprang to life.

(Now I have a warning about "unable to display datastore groups. Replicated devices could not be matched with datastores in the inventory". Sigh...)

Good Luck

Andrew

jakejaya
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your help!

It turned out that some of the manangement services werent running on the SAN while I was trying to connect. Restarting them on the CLI did the trick.

I am actually using the IP address of the managment interface (im using out-of-band management) as the array name and now all appears to be ok.

in regards to you other issue make sure that the datastores that you have attached to your ESX cluster are fully replicated on your Recovery Site SAN first before creating any protection groups.

Cheers,

Jake

0 Kudos