VMware Cloud Community
dellboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

ESX 3.5u4 and SRM1.0u4 Issue with MirrorViewSRA SRA

Hi

I’m getting the following error when configuring the Array Manager in SRM 1.0 Patch 4 (component versions listed at the end)

From Configure Array Managers in SRM:

Error Occured

vmware-dr-2.log (when run from SRM Array Manager)

2010-01-20 16:43:53.046 'PrimarySanProvider' 2336 info discoverArrays exited with exit code 0 2010-01-20 16:43:53.046 'PrimarySanProvider' 2336 trivia discoverArrays's output: MirrorViewSRACLI Start [|#1] Unable to load DLL 'MirrorViewSRACore.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E) [|#1] MirrorViewSRACLI End

MirrorView Insight for VMware (returned into tool interface)

Discovery Started Discovering Array: BRI SRM Protected Site-192.168.66.113-192.168.66.114 Operation Failed...Details: Unable to load DLL 'MirrorViewSRACore.dll': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

I performed a server reboot after both SRM 1.0 Patch 4 was installed, AND after the EMC SRA was installed.

Additionally, if I try to manually register MirrorViewSRACore.dll, I get an error: LoadLibrary(“MirrorViewSRACore.dll) failed – the specified module could not be found, however if I manually register one of the other dlls (i.e. MirrorViewSRALogger.dll) I get a succeeded result

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Component and versions all appear on the VMware HCL, SRM101 compatibility matrix and EMC SRA Release Notes:

• VirtualCenter 2.5 Update 4 (build 147658)

o Windows Server 2003 SP1 32-bit

o MS SQL 2005 (9.00.1399.06)

• ESX 3.5 Update 4 build 153875

• SRM 1.0 with Patch 4

• EMC CLARiiON Storage Replicator: EMC MirrorView SRA 1.4.0.15

Protected Site CX3-40

• Firmware v3.26.40.5.025 (SPA and SPB)

Recovery Site CX3-20

• Firmware v3.26.20.5.025 (SPA and SPB)

Navisphere 6.26.21.0.51

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bladeraptor
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi

In simple terms without Solutions Enabler which is leveraged to drive the CLARiiON the SRA interaction with the CLARiiON will not work

Please download and install it and let us know how that goes

Many thanks

Alex Tanner

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
dellboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

One thing I picked up in the EMC MirrorView Adapter for VMware SRM (v1.4 rev A06) - Release Notes, is that Windows Server 2003 SP2 is not on the list of supported Virtual Center Operating Systems - although it is for VirtualCenter and SRM1.0u4 (it is listed in the SRM 1.0 Update 1 Compatibility Matrix)

As such I'm in the process of applying R2 on the virtualcenter servers, which is in ALL support lists.

Testing...

0 Kudos
bladeraptor
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi

I am writing this as an EMC employee

From the developer of the SRA to whom I forwarded your post "Looks like Solutions Enabler version 7.0.1( x86 ) or later is not installed. It is also important to note that MV SRA requires x86 version of Solutions Enabler even on x64 operating system."

Can you confirm that you have the latest Solutions Enabler x86 version installed?

Many thanks

Alex Tanner

dellboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Alex

Thanks for the quick response

I'm pretty sure the Solutions Enabler ISN'T installed (i.e. we did not explicitly install it) unless it is part of some other EMC Component...

PowerPath 5.1.0 32bit

Navisphere Agent 26.7.0.82

Navisphere CLI 6.26.7.0.82

Navisphere Service Taskbar 6.26.51.1.32

I do have Powerlink access, so might be able to download it

0 Kudos
bladeraptor
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi

In simple terms without Solutions Enabler which is leveraged to drive the CLARiiON the SRA interaction with the CLARiiON will not work

Please download and install it and let us know how that goes

Many thanks

Alex Tanner

0 Kudos
dellboy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Alex

Success!!

So I uninstalled the SRA this morning, and then installed the EMC Solutions Enabler v7.0.1.26 before reinstalling the SRA

After restarting the SRM Service I ran through the process again and got a successful connection through to the storage.

Thanks very much for your assistance

Matt

0 Kudos
HamR
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Alex,

Thanks for posting this.

I've spent the past few hours trying to get the x64 version os SE 7.1.1 and 7.1.2 working with no luck. The x86 version worked immediately.

Cheers,

HamR.

0 Kudos
aventia
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

I have two VNX 5500 at each site end ESXi 4.1 and vCenter 4.1. I  have managed to install SRM 4.1 and paired  the sites. I have setup  everything else aside from the Array Manager too. I  have installed the  SRA's (EMC MirrorView Enabler for VNX SRA) on both SRM servers. When I  start EMC MirrorView Insight for Vmware and try discover I have error:

Discovery Started Discovering Array: BRI SRM Protected Site-192.168.66.113-192.168.66.114 Operation  Failed...Details: Unable to load DLL  'MirrorViewSRACore.dll': The  specified module could not be found.  (Exception from HRESULT:  0x8007007E)

So I have question ... Is required install Solution Enabler for configuration with VNX?

0 Kudos