VMware Cloud Community
VirtualAerospac
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

EMC plugins Required

Hi all!

Have been all over the internet and finding it very difficult to find what plugins are needed to set up array based replication SRM.

Our current set up:

vCenter 5.0 – primary vCenter

vCenter 5.0 – secondary vCenter

SRM01 – SRM server built to work with primary site

SRM02 – SRM server built to work long side secondary site (recovery)

SRM installed and both sites linked

EMC VMAX symmetrix SAN

On the 2 vCenters I have installed

- EMC VSI Path Management

- EMC VSI Storage Viewer

- EMC Recover Point Storage Recplication Adapter

I have downloaded the following plugins and trying to install them on my SRM servers but non of them seem to work:

- EMC SRDF SRA 5.0 - Comes back with error saying EMC soultions enabler required.

- I then went to the vmware site and downloaded the only thing under SRM that said enabler which was EMC VNX SRA with enablers

- Once downloaded it contained the following:

- EMC Mirrorview Enabler for VNX SRA

- EMC VNX replicator Enabler for VNX SRA

- EMC VNX SRA

- I have tried to run them all but they come back saying SRA is not installed

The last plugin I have is EMC VSI SRA. When I try to run this it comes back with error and saying EMC SRDF adapter not detected.

Please can anyone tell me what plugins are required and where do I install them? As in on the SRM server or the vCenter servers

Thanks

Austin.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
codyhosterman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You dont need any of the VNX plugins for the VMAX. Are you using SRDF or RecoverPoint? If the former (which i think you indicated in the other post) you just need the SRDF SRA and VSI Symmetrix SRA Utilities. Both require Solutions Enabler 32-bit to be installed on the SRM servers as well as a Solutions Enabler server to talk to as an intermediary to the VMAX arrays themselves. Check out my techbook: http://www.emc.com/collateral/software/technical-documentation/h10553-sra-vmware-5-0-tb.pdf

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
codyhosterman
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

You dont need any of the VNX plugins for the VMAX. Are you using SRDF or RecoverPoint? If the former (which i think you indicated in the other post) you just need the SRDF SRA and VSI Symmetrix SRA Utilities. Both require Solutions Enabler 32-bit to be installed on the SRM servers as well as a Solutions Enabler server to talk to as an intermediary to the VMAX arrays themselves. Check out my techbook: http://www.emc.com/collateral/software/technical-documentation/h10553-sra-vmware-5-0-tb.pdf

0 Kudos