VMware Cloud Community
Mecyon
Contributor
Contributor

EMC Symmetrix SRA cannot retrieve replicated LUN with SRDF/A

we have EMC Symmetrix Concurrent Replication Infrastructure. Center Site replicated to two site.one of them uses SRDF/S and other SRDF/A.we installed SRM server 4.0.1 , EMC Symetrix SRA Adapter 2.1.1 and Solution Enabler 7.1.

On the virtual center server, we run SRM plug-in to configure Array Manager settings.But only SRDF/S storage peer can be visible..

we know that EMC Symmetrix SRA 2.1.1 cannot support concurrent symmetrix configuration but we want to get SRDF/A storage peer instead of SRDF/S on Array Manager configuration.What do we need to do? Why does the SRA retrieve SRDF/S storage? Can we change this behavior to get SRDF/A storage on Array Manager configuration?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

I've just recently deployed SRM on in a SRDF evironment and ran into no issues at all. I'd recommend a good, thorough read of the SRM and SRA logs. IIRC the SRA logs will be in C:\Programs Files\EMC\SYMAPI\Logs, SRM logs are most easily obtained by generating a log bundle. If you find anything of interest in the SRA logs feel free to post them here.

Tim Oudin

Tim Oudin
0 Kudos
lienhapi
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Mecyon,

I have the exact same problem. Did you manage to find a workaround for this issue ?

Thanks in advance,

0 Kudos