VMware Cloud Community
Paul_B1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

EMC SRA issues.

All,

I was previously succesfully using SRM with SRDF and was able to test with BCVs. I've upgraded to the latest SRA and am now trying to use SNAPs, but it isn't working. When I look at the logs, it appears that the SRA isn't reading the EmcSrdfSraOptions.xml file like it should be. I have it configured on both ends with the proper device pairings and such. When I do a EmcSrdfSra -env the results look like what was in the default EmcSrdfSraOptions.xml file, not the one that's located in the directory. Anyone else get this working?

I've attached the config file I'm using and a pic of the output of the command

Thanks!

Paul

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Paul_B1
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Cases opened with both VMware and EMC, although it took some convincing EMC that the SRA is really theirs to support :_|

0 Kudos
depping
Leadership
Leadership

I haven't looked into the new SRA unfortunately but I think Smoggy has. Knowing him he will probably respond soon, very soon.... Smiley Happy

Duncan

VMware Communities User Moderator | VCP | VCDX

-

Blogging:

Twitter:

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

0 Kudos
jbloo2
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Paul -

when I click on EmcSrdfSraOptions.xml that you posted Internet Explorer gives me an XML parsing error. In looking at the message and the source of the XML itself, it seems you have a syntax error in the file where the last <DevicePair> element is not closed with </DevicePair> (i.e. the pairing information for 5620 and 09C0); I think if you fix the XML syntax you'll get better results, and I'm not sure why the executable didn't pick up this error when you used the -env flag.

0 Kudos