VMware Cloud Community
chrischay
Contributor
Contributor

Duplicate IP Address

Hi All,

I have an odd issue with my SRM virtual appliance v8.3.1.

It's been running for a month already without any issues when suddenly it lost network connectivity. I did spend a lot of time troubleshooting and I don't see any misconfiguration at all. Interface, routes and services are all good.

I tried bringing down the interface and bringing it up again, and while it is in the process of bringing the interface up, it complained about duplicate IP address in the network. The interface went up anyways. I'm pretty sure the IP address assigned to this SRM is not being used somewhere in my network.

Does anyone have experience this issue? Could be a bug with this version?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi chrischay​,

Please try disabling the network on SRM appliance VM. Initiate a ping to see if you get a reply from another device/VM in the environment.

Share screenshot/log snippet where it reported duplicate IP address

0 Kudos
chrischay
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Ashilkrishan,

I've done it already. Disabled eth0 and try pinging the IP address and nothing replies. That's why I'm pretty sure there is no duplicate.

I attach an image of the error.

Thanks

0 Kudos
ashilkrishnan
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

That's strange. Please try the following:

1. Go to edit settings of SRM VM and uncheck the network adapter

2. Power off SRM appliance --> Enable the network adapter from edit settings and power it on VM

3. Launch the VM console and check for any errors related to IP conflicts. If reported,  would see similar logging captured drconfig.log with more details (/var/log/vmware/srm)

0 Kudos