VMware Cloud Community
sri108
Contributor
Contributor

Downloading & Installing the SRM plug-in

I am configuring VMware Site Recovery Manager on a Windows 2003 SP2 host (host A). This was SRM 1.0.1.1799. Another Windows 2003 SP2 host (host B)runs the VMware vCenter Server (VI3) 4.0.0.7797. The SRM software installed correctly on the first host-- as indicated by the Install wizard. I'm now trying to install the SRM Plug-In using a VI Client that connects to this vCenter Server. The VI Client is being run from the same host that runs the SRM server i.e. on host A.

As part of the "Install the SRM Plug-In" step in the SRM Admin Guide, I select Plugins>Manage Plugins. In the Installed Plug-ins list, the VMWARE SRM Plugin is flagged with an error:

"The plug-in failed to load on server(s) b22-4200d.central due to the following error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation."

How can I troubleshoot this error? I'm in the process of developing a SRA and I'm basically completing the SRM installation to get to the point where I can observe the Site Recovery Icon from the VI Client.

Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos
5 Replies
sri108
Contributor
Contributor

I forgot to add that my client is vSphere Client 4.0.0.6642. Thanks,

Sri

0 Kudos
davidbarclay
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

SRM doesn't support vSphere yet. Support is slated for Q3/4.

Dave

0 Kudos
sri108
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you very much. I'll try with a VI Client 2.5.

Cheers, Sri

0 Kudos
RMDiaz
Contributor
Contributor

I have 4 vSphere (ESX 4.0) and vCenter. When i try to logon to vCenter server (same as SRM), tells me that can't manage this server with VI Client 2.5. I must upgrade to VSphere client

You mean i can't run SRM with this achitecture ?

When is exactly planned to be supported?

Regards

Rodrigo

0 Kudos
Paul_de_Vries
Contributor
Contributor

Rodrigo,

Have a look at the compatibility matrix at:

It's not quite clear what version of vCenter Server you have, but when connecting with an earlier VIClient version it is clearly possible it wants to update to the appropriate version by downloading the software.

Regarding SRM: the current SRM 1.1 version is not compatible with vSphere 4.0. VMware is developing the vSphere compatible SRM 4.0 (current Release Candidate version, not public available), and will release the new SRM 4.0 second half 2009. Hope this helps, regards, Paul

0 Kudos