VMware Cloud Community
beharibabu
Contributor
Contributor

DR POC testings

Hi All,

I have been performing DR POC in my environment with third party tool.

Please let us know the testing scenarios, that I could test to see if the tool is a perfect DR solution.

Thanks in Advance.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

This is way, way too generic question to answer unless you provide much more details.

0 Kudos
beharibabu
Contributor
Contributor

Is there a way I can confirm the availability of the applications in the VM. I mean is there any testing applications or DB that I could install on the VMs and test.

Apart from failover and failback of the testing VMs, anything should I test

0 Kudos
sajag007
Contributor
Contributor

Can you please also try Orchestration for Multi Tier Applications using vRO as well as Site Recovery Manager in a Two-Site Topology with Two vCenter Server Instances per Platform Services Controller. Also if customer has a DR in different time zone how to manage it with time synchronization. If you are working for POC customer also can ask about whether Site Recovery Manager allows and supports shared protected site (1:N) and many-to-many (N:N) configurations ? Also did you test the SRM integration with NSX because some customer might have security policies configure for micro-segmentation. I guess these points will be good enough for POC on a customer site at the time of project kick off or presentation. 

0 Kudos
daphnissov
Immortal
Immortal

That testing is really up to you and your applications and how you use them. SRM has no automated capabilities here, but Veeam (just as one example) does in which they have pre-built scripts to test for application availability like AD, Exchange, SQL, etc. So you'd have to make your own tests or find another application which handles that for you.

0 Kudos