VMware Cloud Community
piyushkv
Contributor
Contributor

Consuming SRM WSDL using SoapUI

Hi there, I'm consuming SRM wsdl using SoapUI. I want to unprotect some vms using UnprotectVms call but when I call this api, I got 'Object has deleted or has not completely created' in response. Attaching the request and response output of SoapUI. Could you please help me to make this call successful.

I'm defining type from srm_60_api documentation in request and the vmId which I got from ProtectionListProtectedVms api call. When I looked into SRM server log I saw following message.

2015-12-08T10:44:45.461-08:00 [05008 error 'authorize.EntityResolver'] Failed to resolve drextapi.ProtectionGroup:SrmProtectionGroup type

Does this mean request wsdl request is in wrong format? Please let me know the way to create correct request if it is.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
piyushkv
Contributor
Contributor

I'm able to resolve this issue, passing correct input to api resolved this issue.

0 Kudos
stucky101
Contributor
Contributor

plyushkv

You are further along than I am. I cannot get the SrmLoginLocale to log me in.

The request for SrmLoginLocale has the type for "_this" set to "?" by default so

the response is always

<faultstring>Error processing attribute "type" with value "?"

while parsing MoRef for ManagedObject of type vmodl.ManagedObject

at line 5, column 9

while parsing call information for method SrmLoginLocale

at line 4, column 6

while parsing SOAP body

at line 3, column 3

I set it to type "SrmServiceInstance" (a guess from the docs) and at least now I get

<faultcode>ServerFaultCode</faultcode>

<faultstring>The session is not authenticated.</faultstring>

<detail>

I tried passing the credentials directly in the envelope or via the "auth" tab on the bottom but I cannot get it to authenticate.

Coul you give me a few pointers on how you go to the place where you are ?

That would be appreciated.

thx

0 Kudos