VMware Cloud Community
jasonwelch01
Contributor
Contributor

Configuring SRM 5 w/ EMC VNX

Hello

i'm in the process of setting up srm to work with our recoverpoints and emc vnx in our protected site.  I installed the SRA for EMC VNX and also installed the VNX enabler on the SRM server (srm server is seperate from vcenter server).  i can log into srm and srm does see the vnx SRA...However, when I try to add the array manager, i enter cluster IP address of my RecoverPoint pair and the admin credentials for Recoverpoint...I then get the following error

SRA command 'discoverArrays' failed. Unable to locate enabler for input connection information.
Verify the Management IP/Hostname and credentials.

Both the SRA and Enabler on the SRM server..not vcenter server...not sure if i'm missing a step or need to install something on the vcenter server as well.

I installed and configured SRM5 in our London location no problem (that location doesn't have a VNX)..not sure what else needs to be done

any help is much appreciated

0 Kudos
5 Replies
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

You say that you installed the VNX SRA but no mention of the RecoverPoint SRA.  If I'm understanding your configuration and issue properly then you would need to install that SRA on your SRM servers as well.

Tim Oudin
0 Kudos
jasonwelch01
Contributor
Contributor

Do I even need the vnx SRA or can I just install the recoverpoint SRA? Recoverpoint is doing all our array replication.. Not sure need for vnx SRA

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
bladeraptor
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Hi

If you are not using either the VNX Block MirrorView or File Replicator technology to move data between your EMC arrays - you would not need the VNX SRA or the relevant Replicator and MirrorView Enablers in your SRM configuration.

Where the replication is provided by RecovePoint you would use the RecoverPoint SRA with SRM

Many thanks

Alex Tanner

0 Kudos
jasonwelch01
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for clarification! Much appreciated. Do you know if recoverpoint has to be at a build past 3.4 to be compatible with srm5? Even when I install an use just the recoverpoint SRA it won't accept my creds when going through add array manager?? I had no issues with our London setup

Sent from my iPhone

0 Kudos
TimOudin
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Looks like need 3.4 Update 1.  Though, I wouldn't suspect that would be the root cause of authentication failure.

http://www.vmware.com/support/srm/srm-storage-partners.html

Tim Oudin
0 Kudos